skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Okay, so Dru reminded me how smart she is the other day while we were taking a break and watching a little TV. She saw Barack Obama come on the TV and said, "Look, it's our president!" The same day, I let her pay for her own ice cream and before she handed the cashier her money she made sure to tell her it was George Washington that was on her dollar bill. So I figured I should have been doing this a long time ago, but I wanted to come up with a list of the things she can already do-and has been doing some of them for quite some time now. I will add to it- I know there is a lot more I am not thinking of right now. This is just a short list for starters. She really does amaze us just how much her little brain soaks up... she has definitely earned herself some bragging rights!
- Recite the months of the year in order
- Knows ABC's
- Count to 25
- Count to 10 in Spanish
- Knows Hola, Gracias, and some colors in Spanish
- Learning Chinese, can say I love you and hello
- Knows sign language- please, thank you, more, hello, i love you
- Recite the pledge of allegiance
- Knows the President & Vice President... and knows the president lives in the white house
- Knows Goerge W. Bush was the president before Obama
- Can identify a quarter, dime, nickel, and penny
- Can tell you who is on a dollar bill
- Knows she lives in Gray, and that Gray lives in TN, and that TN lives in the United States (we learned this by stacking cups and naming them Gray, TN, and USA)
- Identify the American Flag
- Write her full name
- Memorized at least 10-15 books
- Knows the first step to tying her shoes
- Knows her birthday
- Can tell you the days of the week in order
- Can get totally dressed by herself... now what she will put on is a different story
- Spell simple words like stop, go, dog, cat
- Knows her manners and will say them without prompt (thank you, please, you're welcome)
- Name her major body parts
- Successfully uses her CD player and is always changing out CD's and songs
- Can identify all basic animals and tell you their sounds and where they live
- Knows her mommy and daddy's full name
- Knows her right from left
- Can tell you how to get home from her daycare by pointing and knows some road names
- Draws and identifies shapes
- Knows all basic colors
1 comment:
What a smart cookie! Carson loves pointing out Obama on TV and on magazine covers in the grocery store. I was accused of brain-washing him (by a certain sister we share) the other day because he points to the American flag and says "Obama! Hurray!" :) ...Guity as charged.
Keep it up, Dru! Soon you'll have us all beat!
Post a Comment